7 Best Hemp Shorts You Can Buy Today
It’s no secret that hemp fiber makes for the ultimate wardrobe staple: whether it’s a hemp bra, high waisted underwear, or hemp pants, you can’t find a fabric that’s as versatile as hemp. Not only is it super breathable and naturally antibacterial, hemp is also incredibly durable yet gets softer with every wash.
That’s why hemp shorts are the ideal option for everyone, whether you’re looking for an athletic pair like Patagonia hemp shorts or a stylish pair like those from Tentree. For the 7 best hemp shorts you can buy today, read on to find the right pair (or pairs!) for you.
7 Best Hemp Shorts You Can Buy Today
(table of contents)
Patagonia is the OG when it comes to the hemp shorts game. This sustainable outdoor lifestyle company makes a whole bunch of different styles of hemp shorts for both men and women. Patagonia hemp shorts are best for active and outdoorsy types—they’re breathable and sporty, making them ideal for hiking, biking, yoga, and more. Patagonia hemp shorts are also covered by Patagonia’s signature Ironclad Guarantee: if your hemp shorts wear out, they’ll repair them for you.
- Patagonia hemp shorts come in both athletic and casual styles, so you can wear them for just about any activity.
- Hemp shorts from Patagonia are made in subtle natural colors, like khaki, Spanish red, and pigeon blue.
- Check out their most popular style: The Patagonia hemp shorts in “Baggies” cut.
PrAna is another great option for men in search of the perfect hemp shorts for an active lifestyle. All their products are fair trade certified, including their Vaha mens hemp shorts. While prAna is primarily a brand for hikers, climbers, and outdoor enthusiasts, their hemp shorts are so comfortable and versatile that you can really wear them pretty much anywhere.
- The Vaha hemp shorts from PrAna come in four different natural shades, from slate green to a gorgeous russet.
- Made of a unique blend of hemp and recycled polyester, PrAna hemp shorts provide the ideal double whammy of sustainability and quick-dry breathability.
- Scratchy waistbands are a thing of the past! Mens hemp shorts from PrAna come with a super soft and stretchy knit waistband, plus copious pocket space for all your stuff.
Tentree is a sustainable clothing brand with a goal of planting 1 billion trees by 2030… and they’ve already planted over 45 million to date! If Hempest and Patagonia hemp shorts look a little too athletic for your style, then I highly recommend checking out the Preston Hemp Short from Tentree. It’s a great pair of mens hemp shorts made from organic cotton hemp that’s built to take you “from campus to campground.” They’ve got a sharp, clean look that puts them a step above your average athletic hemp shorts.
- Tentree’s Preston hemp shorts are made with a blend of cottonized hemp with spandex added for both stretch and comfort.
- Ideal for men who want hemp shorts that can be worn both on a hike and out to dinner.
- Customers rave about their breathability and comfort, saying the quality is unmatched.
4. TOAD & CO.
Not only do Toad & Co hemp shorts look great, but they’re backed by an inspiring mission. Toad & Co is committed to a number of incredible sustainability goals, plus they’ve been employing workers with developmental disabilities since 1997. I’m completely obsessed with the women’s Taj hemp shorts from Toad & Co. They’re made with both natural hemp and Tencel, another sustainable fabric that’s ideal for breathability.
- The Taj hemp shorts for women are available in four gorgeous colors: blue chambray, coconut shell, navy stripe, and sunset stripe. I kind of want them all!
- These women’s hemp shorts come in a casual cut with a cuffed hem and drawstring for optimal comfort.
- Customers report ideal roominess through the leg without excess baginess—perfect for wearing around the house or dressed up for a night out!
5. HEMP ZOO
Hemp Zoo is committed to creating a better, greener future with high quality products like their hemp jogger shorts. Customers rave about these hemp shorts: they’re supremely comfortable, versatile, and cut to the perfect length. You can grab these hemp shorts in either black or classic white, so they’ll go with everything in your closet. Everything Hemp Zoo makes goes through a rigorous triple quality check, so you can feel good knowing you’re getting a quality pair of hemp shorts.
- Hemp Zoo’s jogger hemp shorts are made with a natural hemp terry cloth that’s super soft and perfect for chilling around the house, running errands, or working out.
- These jogger hemp shorts are also made with organic cotton, which is much more sustainable than conventional cotton (you can read about organic cotton vs cotton if you’d like to know more).
- Don’t worry about your belongings when you wear these hemp shorts, they come with three luxuriously deep patch pockets secure enough for your phone or wallet.
6. COMFORTABLE ADVENTURES
Formerly known as Shiner Goods, here we have Comfortable Adventures. They’re a super inclusive hemp brand looking to make the world’s lowest-impact yet highest-comfort hemp clothing out there. They support fair wages and make clothing that extends beyond passing trends. Their brand is for womxn of all sorts—no matter your gender identity, sexuality, size, shape, or color. I love that! And their hemp shorts are the epitome of comfort. Plus, they’re designed, dyed, and made in LA.
- Hemp shorts from Comfortable Adventures are high rise and slim fit, meaning they look and feel good on just about everybody.
- These hemp shorts can be worn for any sort of day: the athletic hemp and organic cotton blend is breathable and comfortable but holds shape well.
- Choose from a select variety of beautiful natural colors: off white, olive, and (my favorite) sunflower.
This new, up and coming hemp clothing brand is certainly one to watch. Their mission is to become the top hemp brand that’s both fashionable and timeless, while lowering the global carbon footprint and the negative impact the fashion industry has on the earth. They make both womens and mens hemp shorts in casual styles you’re sure to love.
- 4h20 casual mens hemp shorts are made for athletic types, so you’ll feel secure and supported whether you’re biking, climbing, or just relaxing at home.
- Their womens hemp shorts come in a few different colors and styles: they’ve got fishnet shorts, hemp shorts with lace trim, and even hemp hot pants! Perfect for hot days, lounging around, or even sleeping in.
- Be sure to check back with this brand, they’re pretty new and bound to release even more styles in the future!
NOTABLE MENTION - UNDERPANTS BY WAMA UNDERWEAR
What better underwear to wear with your new favorite hemp shorts than organic underwear also made from hemp? Talk about a match made in heaven! Underwear from WAMA is super sustainable, stylish, and functional, and will go perfectly under any of these 7 pairs of hemp shorts.
- For those looking to lounge, you’ll want to check out hipster panties or mens boxer briefs from WAMA. They’re oh-so-cozy for relaxing at home or tossing on under your favorite pair of shorts to run errands.
- If you’re looking for hemp underwear that can actually double as shorts, I’d recommend boy shorts underwear. What are boy shorts, you ask? They’re the ultimate choice for high coverage and a tight fit. I wear mine for yoga, they’re perfect for it. (And men, you can wear trunks underwear in the same way, like Aaron is in the photo above!)
- For men, there are so many different underwear options from WAMA—from mens briefs to mens boxers, you really can’t go wrong.
CONCLUSION: 7 BEST HEMP SHORTS YOU CAN BUY TODAY
From sporty styles to fashionable fits, more and more clothing brands are starting to make hemp shorts. It’s exciting to see the wide variety of options on the market today, and there’s sure to be more in the coming years as more people realize just how eco-friendly yet stylish hemp can be.
Do you own any hemp shorts yet? Which pair do you like the most from this list? Tell me what you think in the comments below!